Saturday, October 22, 2011

So busy!

Well, now that we have that first set of verses committed to memory we are going to start on the next set. Review the others daily till they flow out you like beautiful poetry.

Proverbs 31:13-18 is the next section were going to memorize. In the King James it says it this way
 13She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
 14She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
 15She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
 16She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
 17She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
 18She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

or the more modern Living Bible says it like this:
 13 She finds wool and flax
      and busily spins it.
 14 She is like a merchant’s ship,
      bringing her food from afar.
 15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household
      and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.
 16 She goes to inspect a field and buys it;
      with her earnings she plants a vineyard.
 17 She is energetic and strong,
      a hard worker.
 18 She makes sure her dealings are profitable;
      her lamp burns late into the night

I think when women get to this portion of the verse they are overwhelmed with it. This is too much . . . women in our day don't have wool, what is flax and I have not seen a ship since that cruise I took 10 years ago. And servants! that is out of the questions in this economy. How about that part about getting up before dawn, not I, studies says we need 8 to 10 hours of beauty rest. Last week I heard the price of land was up to about $3000 an acre in North Dakota!! I liked visiting wine country but I remember that episode of I Love Lucy, are you kidding me??? I found a video clip of that episode. Just for funsies watch it to the end. Lucy got herself into much trouble lots of times because of something we'll be learning from these verses! This next set of verses will be fun I promise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment