Thursday, September 29, 2011

Proverbs 31 - Let's memorize it!

So ladies, I thought I would do a blog for this project and share the insights I glean from this memorizing journey into Proverbs 31: 10-31.

I think memorizing things puts what you are memorizing into your very life. Like when you memorized the times tables years ago. (if you did) I  got stuck on that in 4th grade and still struggle with 7 x 9 and such. But if you did the memory work back then, when some math problem comes along you can instantly have recall and know the answer to the problem, ie: how many pairs of thong underwear can you buy with $50 if they are $7 ea. The brain is like that, it constantly figures things out for us once we have the information tucked away. Soooo, all that to say if we memorize God's word it works the same way. We have the answer to things we ponder about right away.

So how will memorizing this Proverb help you? I think you will find out the answer to this once you get started, like the times tables, the fact that we needed to memorize them in 4th grade made no sense to me at all, seemed like a great waste of time - but today, when I am out shopping it makes LOTS of sense!

Think on those things today and see if you are gonna join the journey and let me know what God is teaching you if you decide to memorize Proverbs 31 too.

A Wife of Noble Character (New Living Translation)
 10 [a]Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
      She is more precious than rubies.
 11 Her husband can trust her,
      and she will greatly enrich his life.
 12 She brings him good, not harm,
      all the days of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment